The lack of discipline in my life has resulted in a series of bombastic failures that if not stemmed will doom me to mediocrity. I can't remember the last time I kept a schedule successfully. I don't eat, sleep, or do anything else on time. I don't have my priorities straight and I don't seem to know how to help myself. I'm a natural born procrastinator.
Is there a magic pill for problems like this? I ignore my alarm clock everyday. I beg my girlfriend to wake me up daily (which she does) but I ignore her pestering in the morning. I'm actually very good at blocking all stimuli when sleepy. Trying to wake me up is like fighting a losing battle. When I get up eventually, I look for the easiest and least important task (which I don't even complete most times) and I fail to accomplish them. All other critically important task are left to die by the wayside. I'm what you'd call a serial task starter and abandon-er (<-- Is that a word?). I need help and I need it now.
I have to prepare for 5 Microsoft Certification exams in 2 months. I need to juggle 40+ hrs a week working and 50+ hours of study time before October 20th. I need to assimilate all that content and practice all the tests and activities until they become second-nature to me. I need to execute in the real world. This certification is costing me $8000 in boot camp and testing fees. And this certification is the key to my future. If I don't pass, I'm doomed.
How do I instill discipline and diligence in my life? I'm off to figure it out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment