So, what's the alternative? L-Tyrosine. I read that some scientific studies indicated that L-Tyrosine has been shown to be beneficial in treating ADHD. Here's an excerpt from HealthyPlace.com:
There is one substance that has been shown in some scientific studies to be beneficial in treating ADHD, L Tyrosine. This is an amino acid (a protein) that the body uses to synthesize dopamine and norepinephrine, the two neurotransmitters believed to be involved in ADHD. These neurotransmitters are the targets of the medications used to treat ADHD. Some studies have shown that children with ADD may have lower levels of this amino acid. By increasing the intake of L Tyrosine through diet or supplements, it is possible to increase the amount of dopamine and norepinephrine available in the brain. Biochemically, ADD/ADHD is likely caused by a deficiency in dopamine, a natural "feel-good" brain chemical called a neurotransmitter.
One of the active ingredient's in Vaxa's Attend™ is L-Tyrosine. Since I don't get jail-time for trying Attend™, it's the only choice available till I can afford professional treatment. I'll start my self-medication immediately I receive my order. One more leap of faith. Haven't tried it yet but I'm already hopeful for remedy. I'll keep y'all posted on my progress.
Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor and I'm not making any claims about aforementioned drug or it's manufacturer. Please consult your physician b/4 taking any medication. Do your own due diligence.
1 comment:
i found your blog while searching for information on 'vaxa'. did you end up trying it out? i'm really curious to see if it worked for you!
eugene
Post a Comment